Sunday, March 20, 2011

gaga for you girls!

So, chicas, I had to laugh... I got a People magazine for the drive home (yeah, don't throw rocks. I really like reading People magazines & the like on road/plane trips), and who else had something similar to say about 5 minutes of kindness than Lady Gaga herself.... So, I'm just gonna type it out, cause tonight that's just easier (for anyone interested, this is from People magazine, March 28, 2011, pages 148-150). She's having to fill in the blanks.

The first thing I do in the morning is ___. My yoga instructor tells me to do this: Try to think compassionate thoughts about yourself for five minutes. I don't always do it, but I try to, and I encourage everyone reading this to try. There's a lot of criticism and scrutiny in anyone's business, so just spend five minutes thinking nice thoughts about yourself. 

So, never EVER thought that I'd really have anything much in common with Lady G herself, but here it is. She struggles to think kindly about herself, too...and is using the 5 minutes idea first thing in the morning. Now, I can say most assuredly that I have NO idea what compassionate things she thinks about herself (maybe something to do with wearing less meat?), but my kind thoughts have to be rooted in Scripture, or they get shaky FAST. Pretty sure that I'm not even that good at it yet...the tape playing in my brain is mainly Debbie Downer kinda stuff...but I know that in order to be the best me I can be for everybody my life touches, that has to change. So, here's tomorrow morning's thought tonight, from Colossians 3:

 12So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Shannon, not only for tying our theme back to Lady Gaga, but for grounding us in scripture. What a wonderful way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete