Monday, December 5, 2011

For Sale

Our house has been on the market since March (I might’ve just sighed). 

When we put the “For Sale” sign in the yard, the house was immaculate, most of the children’s toys were packed away, the dog was living with my parents, and the closets were completely uncluttered. I would actually make an attempt to tidy up every single morning. I just knew the house would sell so quickly.

Looking around today, I’m not sure there’s any evidence that the house is still for sale except the “For Sale” sign in our front yard.

There’s just something life-changing about fresh anticipation, isn’t there?

Our little family celebrates Advent. We do this every year, and again I am so charged by the challenging reminder that just as He once came, He is coming again! It is a joy to share this season our girls, to read to them from the Scriptures, and whisper beautiful phrases like “encourage one another with these words” to their souls when we talk of His return. I love the look on our sweet boy’s face (he’s 16 months), when the lit Advent candles catch his eyes and heart. I pray the Scripture does the same in years to come…and I pray we can all live with the fresh anticipation of His return all year round, not just when we’re lighting candles as a reminder every night.

This house will sell one day. I need to live in light of that truth (I might’ve just sighed again).

Jesus will come back one day! I need to live in light of that truth! He is going to return, and I want for us all to be ready…like my kids are ready for their daddy to get home from work every single night. Their little souls always communicate loud and clear, “You’re home!! Our world is set right now!!!”

Jesus, this is such an amazing time of anticipation. We remember that You came once as a tiny baby, and that You are coming again as King. Give us hearts that continually jump up and down with anticipation as we wait for You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment